I’ve already written about how much I love my single speed. Then I took it up a notch by adding some more Arundel goodness to the bike. Last night Grant helped me complete the project with the addition of some new wheels. So here are the final stats:
- Frame – Schwinn Madison (complete bike from Performance Bike)
- Handlebar and Stem – Zeus ITM from my buddies at Colonel’s Bikes
- Bar Tape – White Arundel Gecko Grip
- Saddle Bag - Arundel Dual
- Bottle Cages - Arundel Stainless Steel Cage. These cages grip like the Dave-O, (the best cage I have ever used and what I have on my Kuota Kredo race bike) but they fit the personality of this bike with the classic stainless steel look.
- Wheels – White Weinmann DP18 rims with Formula flip/flop track hubs and DT Swiss stainless steel spokes
- Pedals – Look Keo Sprint Classics
- Gear – I went with a Shimano 17T freewheel for the new wheels (that gives me a 48×17 or 76 gear inches)
I’m anxious to take the bike out this evening for a quick spin. I don’t expect the new wheels to impact the performance, but it definitley gives it some more bling. Hopefully the “coolness” factor of the bike will give me some more motivation as I ride it for 112 miles to raise money for the Children’s Medical Center Dallas in 10 days!